Just to remind you, our ongoing efforts can be found on https://bim4housing.com/ at the bottom of the Home page.
We worked on an initial 2 phases. Phase 1 defined the over-arching questions that need to be answered, for 12 fire-critical asset types, to deliver the BIM-plus solution necessary to the effective functioning of the Golden Thread in terms of Fire Safety.
The questions defined are:
- What risks does the asset mitigate?
- To what risks is the asset, itself, susceptible?
- What information is needed about an asset, to ensure it performs as required?
- What tasks/method statements/procedures are required to ensure the asset is installed, commissioned, inspected, and maintained properly?
- What level of competency/training needs to be in place?
- How should product changes be recorded?
Phase 2 sought to answer those questions, offering a definitive guide to the delivery of The Golden Thread through the effective management of required information.
The work is ongoing- we’d appreciate your help.